Anjunabeats Volume 6 2CD
Anjunabeats Volume 6 2CD
Above & Beyond began 2008 playing to 1 million people on New Year's Eve in Rio (thought to be the largest live DJ gig ever) - an auspicious start and another milestone in their fast-rising journey to becoming one of Britain's biggest dance outfits (The Sun).
"Anjunabeats Volume 6" is the next instalment in their highly successful label compilation series and features the pick of the label's artists across Anjunabeats and housier offshoot Anjunadeep. Including numerous exclusives, as well as their own productions and remixes, Above & Beyond's mix illustrates once again why both labels are magnets for electronic dance music connoisseurs.
Currently ranked No.6 in DJ Magazine's Top 100 DJs Poll, Above & Beyond were recently voted 11th in Mixmag's list of the best dance acts of the past 25 years. Their weekly radio show is a regular fixture in the iTunes music podcast Top 10, mirroring the success of their recent OceanLab album, "Sirens Of The Sea", which was a Top 10 seller in both the UK and US iTunes sales charts.
However, statistics tell only a fraction of the story. Their rise to global attention is seen through the eyes of tens of thousands of music fans worldwide each weekend. Now captured on their Youtube channel, Tony, Paavo, and Jono's exploits have taken them to all four corners of the earth. Highpoints in recent months include selling-out London's Ministry Of Sound, a monumental show in Beirut, a trail-blazing visit to Bolivia, and a bus tour across the USA, including a career-defining performance at the Coachella festival.
CD1 of "Anjunabeats Volume 6" showcases the Anjunadeep sound, the deeper, atmospheric-end of the Anjuna spectrum that's attracted champions such as Sasha, James Zabiela, and Desyn Masiello. Highlights include tracks from Jaytech, Komytea (aka Michael Cassette), Joonas Hahmo, Paul Keeley ("ASOH" as featured in Zabiela's Glastonbury Essential Mix), Joonas Hahmo ("Cocktail Bar"), Andy Moor ("Fake Awake"), and more.
CD2 features the classy melodic trance sound that Anjunabeats is best known for, and includes OceanLab ("Breaking Ties" - A&B Club Mix), the eagerly awaited club rework of one of the OceanLab album's standout tunes, Super 8 & Tab ("Elektra"), Bart Claessen & Dave Schiemann's "Madness" (I Prefer This Mix), and others.
1. Paul Keeley - Paper Jet
2. Komytea - Professional Killers
3. Paul Keeley - A Sort Of Homecoming (Michael Cassette Remix)
4. Signalrunners - Meet Me In Montauk
5. Joonas Hahmo - Cocktail Bar
6. Proff - My Personal Summer
7. Jaytech - Groove Nova (Oliver Smith Tech Mix)
8. Johan Vermeulen - Do Not Cross
9. Jaytech - Pyramid (Dinka Mix)
10. Andy Moor - Fake Awake"
11. Tritonal - Lights Over Austin
12. Myon & Shane 54 - Not A Lot Left
13. Oliver Smith - Horizons
14. Joonas Hahmo - Tampere By Night
15. Mat Zo - Defined
16. Oliver Smith - Restless
1. Signalrunners & Julie Thompson - These Shoulders (Club Mix)
2. Sundriver - City Lights
3. Boom Jinx & Oliver Smith - Sunrise
4. Adam Nickey - Shift
5. Thrillseekers feat. Fisher - The Last Time
6. Super8 & Tab - Elektra
7. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond's Analogue Haven Remix)
8. Nitrous Oxide - Show Me
9. Adam Nickey - Slider
10. Kandi & Neumann - Let Go
11. Oliver Smith - Cirrus
12. Super8 & Tab feat. Alyna - Delusion
13. Bart Claessen & Dave Schiemann - Madness (I Prefer This Mix)
14. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab - Miracle (Above & Beyond Club Mix)